How to Use Parent Portal
Overview for the use of InformationNOW – Parent Portal
- Visit the Winfield City School Website. Select “Parent Portal” under the “Parents” menu tab.
- Enter the username and password that was provided on the letter you received from your child’s school. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A USERNAME AND PASSWORD, YOU CAN GO TO THE SCHOOL THAT YOUR YOUNGEST CHILD ATTENDS AND PICK UP THE INFORMATION.
- Click Login. (The first time you log in, it may be necessary to reset the password for security purposes. If necessary, enter the old password. Then enter the new password and retype it in the space provided. Click OK to save changes.)
- Must be a minimum of 8 alpha-numeric characters in length.
- Must contain at least one letter and one number.
- Cannot be password, pass, administrator or admin.
- Cannot be the same as username.
If you have more than one child enrolled in a school in the district, click the drop-down list in the upper right hand corner of the HOME PAGE to select a different student.
The HOME PAGE will initially display, listing all announcements for the school and/or district.
On the HOME PAGE you will have links to the following:
- To view the school calendar, click on the link at left. By default, the events and attendance days will display for the current school/academic session and month.
- To view a different month, either select the month from the available list or use the navigation arrows to scroll to the previous<< or next>>month.
- To view events only, bullet the Events option. To view the details of the event, click on the event that appears as a blue link.
- To view attendance days only, bullet the Schedule option.
- To view data for both events and schedule, bullet the Both option.
- Click the Attendance link at the left to view attendance details.
- All absences for the year will display by default. To view only one term, select the term from the list.
- To view details, click the date of the absence.
- Click the link to View Period Absences.
- Click the link to View Check in/Out records.
- Click the Grades link on the left to view the student’s grade information.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select a different grading period.
- The initial view will display the average of the grade period selected.
- If you choose to view the daily grades, choose “A: Click to view the individual activities and details for this class.”
- Click the “+” sign next to an activity to view the details.
Unofficial Transcript: A student’s unofficial transcript. NOTE: Transcript information will only be available for carnegie unit credit. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat downloaded in order to open the file.
System Preferences – Alerts
Enter the primary e-mail address for the school to use for announcements and other information. NOTE: We encourage you to enter your email address. This will allow you to have your password emailed to you in the case that you forget or lose it. You email address will also provide us a means to send you important information